Skin care products have gained popularity as people have become more aware about how their skin works and reacts to different products. Going natural sometimes works the best. One of these natural products are cold pressed oils. Apart from being great for hair, they are also great for the skin. Let’s take a look at how to use cold pressed oils for a healthy and glowing skin.
Certainly! Cold pressed oils are a popular ingredient in natural skincare routines. These oils are extracted from nuts, seeds, and fruits, using a process that doesn’t involve heat or chemicals, which can help to preserve their natural nutrients and beneficial properties. Let us explore the benefits of cold pressed oils for skin and how to use them in your skincare routine.
Benefits of cold pressed oils for skin:
1. Moisturizing: Cold-pressed oils are rich in essential fatty acids that help to nourish and hydrate the skin. They form a protective barrier that locks in moisture, preventing dryness and flakiness.
2. Anti-aging: Cold-pressed oils are high in antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from free radical damage and premature ageing. They can also help to stimulate collagen production, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Anti-inflammatory: Many cold pressed oils have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to calm and soothe the skin. They can be particularly helpful for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
4. Healing: Some cold-pressed oils have healing properties that can help to repair damaged skin. For example, tea tree oil is known for its antibacterial properties, while rosehip oil is high in vitamin C, which can help to boost skin cell regeneration.
Are cold-pressed oil safe to be applied on skin?
According to a 2016 research published on ResearchGate, in the opinion of the participants of the study, oil extracted from safflower had the best appearance (100% positive opinions), coconut oil had the best smell (70% positive opinions), while black currant seed oil showed the best absorbency (85% positive opinions). The study concedes that natural cold pressed oils can be applied to the skin as cosmetics.
How to use cold-pressed oils for skin
Cold-pressed oils can be used as a natural cleanser to remove make-up and impurities from the skin. Simply massage the oil into your skin and then use a warm, damp cloth to gently wipe it away.
Cold-pressed oils can be used as a moisturiser for the face and body. Apply a few drops to your skin and massage it in circular motions. For best results, use after cleansing and toning.
3. Mixing with other skincare products
You can also mix cold pressed oils with other skincare products to enhance their benefits. For example, you can add a few drops of rosehip oil to your moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Spot treatment
Some cold pressed oils can be used as a spot treatment for specific skin concerns. For example, tea tree oil can be used to target acne and blemishes, while argan oil can help to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Some popular cold-pressed oils for skin include:
1. Jojoba oil
2. Argan oil
3. Rosehip oil
4. Coconut oil
5. Olive oil
6. Tea tree oil
7. Sweet almond oil
8. Grapeseed oil
Cold pressed oils are a versatile and natural ingredient that can help to nourish and improve the appearance of your skin. Whether you use them as a cleanser, moisturiser or spot treatment, these oils can provide a range of benefits for your skin. Just be sure to choose the right oil for your skin type and to patch test any new products before using them on your face or body.